Learning and Access
TheatreSquared is committed to being a leader in Arkansas for arts-in-education, access programs and lifelong learning. T2's programs reach 10,00 students and teachers each year, as well as hundreds of adult lifelong learners.
For students and teachers, the theatre offers:
- Word/Play, a semester-long in-school literacy initiative engaging students in reading and writing through playwriting
- The T2 Professional Development Institute, a weeklong immersion for Arkansas educators in arts-based learning techniques awarding 30 professional development credits
- The Arkansas Schools Tour, bringing educational touring productions and teaching workshops to high schools from Northwest Arkansas to the River Valley to the Arkansas Delta Region, placing a priority on communities that lack ready access to the arts or arts-in-education.
- School Access Performances, allowing junior high and high school classes to book deeply discounted student tickets for the regular season
- The T2 Summer Training Academy, a two-week professional training program for students ages 10-18
- The T2 Kids' Club, offered on Sunday matinees so that parents can bring their kids (ages 5+) to enjoy hands-on theatre classes while they watch the show
Read the T2 Teaching Artists' Blog >
For adult learners, the theatre offers:
- T2 Artists Forums, a series of free public conversations with the cast and director of each production in the TheatreSquared season. Moderated by Kyle Kellams of KUAF's Ozarks at Large and hosted at Fayetteville Public Library.
- Corporate Improv Workshops, helping build teams, train leaders and create a collaborative work environment for business and organizations
- Adult classes (ages 17+) in improv and acting, offered in the fall and spring
- The Arkansas Playwrights Workshop, an ongoing workshop meeting twice monthly to support Northwest Arkansas's community of playwrights
- 30 under 30, a $10 ticket access program for all patrons under the age of 30
Want to get involved?