Learning and Access
TheatreSquared is committed to being a leader in Arkansas for arts-in-education, access programs and lifelong learning. T2's programs reach 15,000 students and teachers each year, as well as hundreds of adult lifelong learners.
For students and teachers, the theatre offers:
- The Arkansas Schools Tour, bringing educational touring productions and teaching workshops to more than 70 high schools from Northwest Arkansas to the River Valley, and from eastern Arkansas to the Delta Region, with a priority on communities that lack access to the arts and arts-in-education programs.
- Word/Play, a semester-long in-school artist residency engaging at-risk students in reading and writing through playwriting. Word/Play curriculum offerings include literacy priority (for students reading or writing below grade level) and ESL priority (for students who speak English as a second language).
- The T2 Professional Development Institute, an annual weeklong immersion in arts-based learning techniques for Arkansas educators, awarding 24 professional development credits
- School Access Performances, allowing junior high and high school classes to book student tickets for the regular season either free or at a 90% discount
- The T2 Summer Training Academy, a two-week professional training program for students ages 10-18, with need-based scholarships available
- The T2 Kids' Club, offered on Sunday matinees so that parents can bring their kids (ages 5+) to enjoy hands-on theatre classes while they watch the show, with need-based scholarships available.
Read the T2 Teaching Artists' Blog >
For adult learners, the theatre offers:
- Corporate Improv Workshops, helping build teams, train leaders and create a collaborative work environment for business and organizations
- Adult classes (ages 17+) in improv and acting, offered in the fall and spring
- The Arkansas Playwrights Workshop, an ongoing play development workshop meeting twice monthly to support Northwest Arkansas's community of playwrights
- 30 under 30, a $10 subsidized ticket access program for patrons ages 17-30
Want to get involved?